Sunday, March 20, 2011

One more try...

And here I am, starting another post with excuses about why I never blog. I should really give up trying. This lenten season, I have been focusing on gratitude. Being at a new school in a new program means that I am constantly offering "constructive criticism" which, truthfully, is a lot like complaining. Despite my daily uttering of "this sucks" "change this" "im tired of this," I really do love my life. I have been so blessed time and time again, and I am trying to take this 40 days to focus on being thankful for the big things and the little things. I would encourage you to do the same. So here are some things I am thankful for today...

1. My internship!! Yes, I found one. I will be in Chicago this summer. SO EXCITED.
2. My rooftop deck. Sitting outside in the sunshine with a big glass of diet coke and some sweet tunes is one of the best ways to spend a beautiful afternoon.
3. My college roommates (and pseudo roommates). These girls are some of the best in the world--they can make me laugh, are there when things go badly, and are always up for a good time. I cannot wait for reunions.
4. My bright red Kitchenaid mixer. Hands-down one of the best gifts I've ever received and oh so useful when I am struck by the urge to make enormous amounts of cookies.
5. My bed. I have the best bed. Really. I do. And one of the best parts? I got it for free from an incredibly generous woman at my church. Top off that sucker with jersey sheets and a phenomenal anthro quilt, and I am in comfort heaven. :)

5 more gratitudes coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment